The First Year Experience Funding Scheme for Student Projects (The Scheme) is established by the Centre of Development and Resources for Students (CEDARS) to support projects or activities that are initiated, planned and organised by student groups of The University of Hong Kong to achieve the objectives of the first year experience. A subsidy of up to HK$4,000 will be awarded to each successful application.
Applicants should fill in the online application form and upload your project proposal below. The proposal should contain information and details on:
1. Title of the project;
2. Objectives of the project;
3. Project description;
4. Format and schedule of project (date, time, duration and venue, etc.);
5. Expected number of first year students taking part;
6. Expected outcomes, achievements, impact and contributions of the project;
7. Information of the partner organisation (if any);
8. Method of project evaluation;
9. Budget; and
10. Information of the student society / group with CV of the project coordinators.
Important Notes for Applicants
1. The Project may be part of the orientation programme of a student society/group.
2. Applications are open throughout the year but they must reach CEDARS at least 3 weeks before the date of commencement of the Project.
3. The Scheme is a token subsidy and is not meant to assist any group to generate income or profit. It can be held concurrently with other subsidies and sponsorships. However, applicants are required to declare and report on details of any subsidies and sponsorships already received at the time of application or as soon as they are awarded.
4. Subsidies will be paid in the form of reimbursement upon presentation of the original receipts and evaluation report, normally within one month after completion of the Project.
5. Retrospective application will not be considered.
6. Normally not more than two projects from the same student group will be awarded each year and the second project from the same group will be given a lower priority in the same year.
7. Submission of incorrect/incomplete information may cause delay/disqualification. Moreover, a successful applicant will be disqualified and/or, where appropriate, be required to refund the subsidy if he/she provides any false or misleading information to CEDARS.