Counselling and Psychological Services
What are Counselling and Psychological Services?(Note: The term “counsellors” is used as a general term to refer to both the “Counsellors” and “Psychologists” in CEDARS-CoPE.)
- Counselling and psychological services are not only for handling your personal problems and emotional/psychological distress, but also for exploring your potential, nurturing your adaptabilities, and developing coping abilities.
- You will benefit from talking to counsellors, who will guide you to discover your personal attributes and strengths, and to learn ways to live a more fulfilling life.
- The service is free for all part-time and full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- All information will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to your family, friends and University staff without your permission.*
- Common issues that students bring to CEDARS-CoPE include studying and learning challenges, adjustment issues, interpersonal relationships, personal development, emotional distress and mental health concerns (read more).
Address : Room 301-323, 3/F, Main Building, The University of Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 3917-8388
Fax : (852) 2517 6394
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://cedars.hku.hk/copeOffice Hours:
Mon to Thurs : 9:00 am – 5:45 pm
Fri : 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat : 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
* Information will only be communicated to a third party when you provide your written consent. The counsellor, however, may disclose information if you are at imminent risk of harming yourself or others, or upon legal obligations, such as a court order.