Residence Life


At present, around 30% of undergraduates live in university-administered halls, colleges and non-hall housing.

Undergraduate Halls and Residential Colleges

Halls are part of the education system rather than a mere provision of accommodation. As hall members have to learn to be independent and interact closely with students of various backgrounds under the same roof, halls are effective means to integrate students’ social and intellectual lives, and therefore offer a golden opportunity for whole-person education. Presently, there are 13 residential halls.

The latest four blocks of Residential Colleges on Lung Wah Street, Kennedy Town would offer 1,800 places for undergraduate and postgraduate students. The Residential Colleges would have strong representation of local, mainland and overseas students. There will be a lot of in-depth academic and cultural exchange. Students will also have very close engagement with the neighborhood community.

Non-Hall Housing

Non-hall housing offered by HKU include the Student Flats at 6 Sassoon Road, Pokfield Road Residences and Ching Lin Terrace Residence.

Off-Campus Private Rented Properties

If your students do not want to reside in the University student residences, they can choose to find their own apartment or share a flat with their friends or other HKU students. CEDARS runs an “Accommodation Service” which gathers information on rooms and flats available for renting in the vicinity of the campus.

University Rented Properties

A small number of flats off-campus has been rented for non-local students and other needy local students. These University rented flats are well served by a wide range of excellent facilities including shops, banks, restaurants, and they are within walking distance to Main Campus.

Posted in Uncategorized
Comments are closed.